A selection of 5 tin baking pans.
You choose which you prefer.
*See updated detail phtos below.
Item: tin baking pans; muffin and pie
Wt: varies
Sz: varies
Composition: tinEtc: If I find time I'll photograph the individual pans for your easier selection.
I collected these baking pans over a period of years from various antique shops and shows.There are some fine pieces.
Comment below to win by answering the following question?
Q: Are you a baker? Accomplished? Fledgling?
See the narrow grey box below? Click on the word comment(s) in the narrow grey area below to leave your comment. Otherwise, email me at lemonade_marielle@comcast.net
Winner to be announced on Saturday, March 24th. Be sure to register on every post this week.
*As promised, details:
These tin baking pans need a new home. Disuse and storage is beginning to show. I want each of these to find a home where they will be used with joy, and regularly.
I am a baker and I bake and decorate cakes I have a Licensed Home Bakery. I would primarily be interested in the Muffin Pans :)
ReplyDeleteYou will get to choose. I hope to post detailed photos before week end.
DeleteThose are wonderful! I actually like to hang them up and have been looking for interesting pie tins to use.
ReplyDeleteI used to have the pie plates on my kitchen wall. There are some fine and fun examples. Come back later in the week for detailed photos.
DeleteI wouldn't say I am an accomplished baker but I am experienced. My mother was the baker and I only ventured into baking with her passing. It took a while to translate her recipes into measurements I could use. I love the old utensils from this age.
ReplyDeleteGreat memories. I hope my baking pans enrich your kitchen.
DeleteI love to bake..I'd say I'm accompished, at least what I bake usually turns out well :) Love these pans..thanks for the chance to win.
ReplyDeletekim3timemom at yahoo dot com
With 3 children, you probably have limited time to bake, and then plenty of takers when you do. Baking with our kids builds such great memories. My grandchildren wear the aprons their parents wore as toddlers.
DeleteI love to bake, but rarely find the time with a toddler & homeschooling his older siblings..I love collecting different recipes though for that 'someday' when I have more time! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is just a season of life that is so jam packed. You'll have years ahead to bake, so enjoy reading those recipes now. My sisters and I read cookbooks like novels.
DeleteI LOVE to bake and ! also love to do crafts with the kids and the pans would be a welcome present as my kids LOVE arts and crafts and cupcakes and we could never have enough of these pans with four children:)
ReplyDeleteThere are two or three sizes of cupcake pans, and one square one. That should keep them busy.
DeleteI am a baker! Some days accomplished and others I feel like a fledgling baker. You know those days when things are just off and even though you have made them a million times somehow it did not work out.
ReplyDeleteI have three children and a neighborhood who enjoy my goodies. I have a wonderful tin cake platter that matches your pie and muffin tins. I got it at a thrift store for $3 and it has been well loved.
I saw your blog via New Nostalgia. :)
Yes, thank you New Nostalgia for the kind mention.
DeleteI always found that baking after 9:00pm was dicey. The butter would just as easily end up on the floor as in the mixing bowl.
And, outside weather conditions can be a factor. Recently I heard that cold butter makes for fatter cookies, but not sure if I believe that.
Not accomplished but love to bake and have 4 kids aged1-7 and could really use them! I have been looking for some muffin pans so I can make and freeze some muffins, egg casserole mini breakfasts, etc... I have a healthy, crafty blog stop by anytime! Www.apronsandapples.blogspot.com. Thanks for doing this :-) How fun. Love the tins too! Thinking thanksgiving pies for the whole family.. pick me! Pick me! :-) my fam will enjoy the tasty treats I make..
ReplyDeleteI have an impartial mathematician who promises to do the selection.
DeleteGreat uses for the muffin pans.
I'm a moderately good baker.
ReplyDeleteI try to improve my baking skills when I can but it's just been so hot lately that I don't have the heart to turn the oven on lol. :)P
Bake late at night... Ha! See my reply to Vermont Mommy above.
DeleteI love to bake - breads, muffins, pies, cookies - I think I'm a moderately good baker - my family eats it so I guess that means I do okay! Thank you for the chance to win!
ReplyDeleteYou are so welcome. Good luck.
DeleteI love baking! Usually always cookies..looking to branch out and start making pies or muffins! I'd love to win any of them! I'd make great use out of them! I like to think I'm pretty good at it :) Never heard any complaints. :)
ReplyDeleteI avoided pies for years because my mother-in-law's were famous. My husband started baking pies and drew me in. We generally co-ordinate. He makes the crust--Martha Stewart's pate brisee is the pie crust recipe we always use. Made with butter, but my mom swore by lard!
DeleteI love to bake...so excited my grandbaby is now big enough to get in the kitchen and bake with me. Oh the memories we are going to make!
ReplyDeleteIt's the best! Baking with grandchildren. We love it at our home.
DeleteI'm definitely a fledgling! I'd love one of the pie pans since I don't have one and would love to add it to my small collection of baking tools. Thanks! My email is kelsephine@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteHope you win! I'd love to share my collection with you. Down the road, I'll offer more baking pans and kitchen tools.
DeleteI love to bake. If I don't have time to make something from scratch ,I am not ashamed to use a mix. Flavor of choice is chocolate
ReplyDeleteSemi-homemade works for me sometimes, too. You don't have to prepare every dish in a meal. Even Ina Garten--The Barefoot Contessa--agrees.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love cooking and I love baking. My favorite thing is on a rainy day, I go into the kitchen, plug in the ipod and bake or cook for hours. My children are grown, so I freeze some of it to take to my oldest daughter and the rest I give away. I've been known to post on FaceBook "free cookies hanging on the front door - claim them first and pick them up today"
ReplyDeleteIts really fun for me and my friends ask when I'm going to be in the mood to do it again
I once read a novel where a character baked on Thursdays and her friends and neighbors knew to drop by that day for homemade treats to-go.
ReplyDeleteOh man. I could really use some more muffin tins!!!! I'm a pretty accomplished baker, but am also a special breed of crazy---I'm planning on baking allllllllllllllll the cupcakes for my wedding this August and only have one muffin tin right now!
ReplyDeleteHoney, you do need some cupcake tins! Recruit 6 friends, or your mom's friends to bake those cupcakes! You're going to be busy.
DeleteBut, if you're like me you are picky about your baked goods and wantt to do it yourself. Much luck!
I'm from a long line of baking lovers. We put together two cook books of four generations several years ago. Now I have five grandbabies that I want to encourage to follow the family tradition of homemade goodies.
ReplyDeleteAre you my sister Judy? Nope. Wrong spelling, but your family sounds like ours. It's fun, isn't it?
DeleteI am a baker! I bake bread almost everyday for my family of 7! I could take or leave cooking though. It's necessary, but I'd rather not!
ReplyDeleteI gained 20 lbs one year making homemade bread. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! There's nothing better--from the kneading, to the shaping, to the aromas when it's in the oven. And, fresh-from-the-oven with real butter dripping down your arm. Yum!
DeleteBaking is one of my great loves and I do it regularly, especially bread and rolls. That probably makes me an accomplished baker. I guess you could say I love all things "vintage kitchen". I enjoy having a display of vintage dishes, canning jars, food related vintage advertising, and cooking tools. Thank you for the opportunity to participate!
ReplyDeleteCome back to this site often, as my collections mirror your own. I always had a preference for small culinary antiques and they will be given away here.
DeleteI bake regularly, not a blue ribbon winner or anything, but I do what I do for my family with love in my heart. I love to make muffins, and with my family recently going gluten free for health reasons, long needed, I am finding new muffin recipes to try out. And new pie crust recipes are out there just begging me to devour.
ReplyDeleteRun, don't walk over to
Deleteglutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com
You cannot imagine the quality, variety, and goodness of Karina's recipes. We're not even gluten-free at our house, but we use many of her recipes. And, she's a gifted painter and a fine writer. Enjoy!
I have become a baker, canner and preserver the past 5 years now that I have a huge garden. Last year, I made my very first home made apple pie from our apple tree. I had to use a friend's pie pan. I didn't have one. It was YUMMY... Even my husband compared it to being (almost) better than his mom's apple pie! (Believe me, that is a HUGE compliment!)
ReplyDeleteI make zucchini muffins, corn muffins and banana muffins all the time, also.
You've come to the right place. One of my sisters learned in a baking class--and you need a glass pie pan for this-- to microwave a double crust pie for 10 minutes before putting it into the oven. That ensures that the bottom crust is flakey and not soggy.
DeleteCan one be an accomplished fledgling? I would have to say I probably fall in the middle. I LOVE to bake. I grew up being taught to cook, bake, quilt, and garden by my Grandmother. I have found that it helps a lot to have the proper tools when baking. I have developed a love for parchment paper, antique kitchen tools, cast iron, and my Kitchen Aid mixer. Thanks so much for sharing your treasures with us!
ReplyDeleteGreat tools! I share your loves. But, today's Chicago Tribune Food Guide says the very best kitchen tool is your hands. I'm a bit humbled as I'm very big into kitchen tools and have an ongoing campaign to own at least one of everything. :)
DeleteI'm a pretty good baker...when I have a great recipe! ;)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE to bake! I am told I am very good! My husbands coworkers beg for my Christmas treats. I keep 4 kids very happy with treats :)
ReplyDeleteI am trying to become a regular baker at our house but having a six month old baby at home puts a halt on my efforts usually. I always bake at Christmas time though no matter what. I can't wait until our little girl gets old enough to help out in the kitchen so we can bake together!
ReplyDeleteI love to bake and those around me like to receive my baked goods, so I would say accomplished! :)
ReplyDeleteI am not a baker. My grandmother was, but she never taught my mother and my mother never taught me. I made my first home-made pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving last year (although the crust was store bought)! I was pretty proud.
ReplyDeleteI am definitely an accdomplished baker. everything from decorated cakes for family and friends to cinnamon rolls and pies. every thanksgiving i bake 8 - 12 pies of different fillings. they never last! hannah r.
ReplyDeleteI am a pretty good baker and just found out I am having a grandson to bake for........shortstuff31749@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteI look for old tins for cooking because I don't like the coatings they put on them now. These babies are perfect!!
ReplyDeleteI used to have some of these that were my grandmother's but lost them in a house fire. I would love this collection-reminds me of grandma.
ReplyDeleteWhat BEAUTIFUL pie pans! I just love "Farm House" decorating and live on a road called Lake Somerset "Crest" so I would be particularly interested in the Farm Crest pie pan. You are such a nice person to be doing this!
ReplyDeleteThese are just like the pie tins my great grandmother used when teaching me to make pies! Oh, the memories that brings back! She had the Blue Bird pie pan (which was my favorite when I was little!) My "new fangled" glass pie plates just don't do a pie justice!
ReplyDeleteI'd call myself a fledgling baker - I can bake cookies and brownies with the best of them, and baked my first pies just a few months ago (they turned out OK... I need more practice).
ReplyDeleteI couldn't even find a word to describe my baking abilities. I try...really hard. :-)
ReplyDeleteI am a baker (novice) and I am tired of using my one and only too small glass pie plate for my occational pie, I would love these!! - ncj5@stny.rr.com
ReplyDelete