Stoneware Crocks
Glass canning jar not included.
*Alternative selection below. State which you're interested in...
Item: Stoneware Crocks (2): (1) wide mouth and (1) jar-mouth
Wt: Heavy! Applicants should probably reside in the NW Chicago suburbs or Omaha, as shipping these would be very $$$. I can deliver or you can pick up in those locations.
Sz: wide mouth is 7-3/4"H and 7-3/4"D; jar-mouth is 8-1/4"H x 4-1/2"D (top) 7"D (bottom)
Composition: Salt-glazed potteryInscription(s): No identifying markings on either crock.
Etc: I've used these as planters and as utensil holders in my kitchen. Uncertain provenance. I believe I bought the jar-mouth crock at a garage sale, and the wide-mouth came from a relative.
Item: tin hand-n-heart cookie cutter
Sz: 3" x 5" at its widest
Inscription: It's maker's mark is a rooster with AARFAC stamped below. Also, B. CUKLA.
Comment below to win by answering the following question?
Q: What are your favorite flowers to plant near or at your front door?
See the narrow grey box below? Click on the word comment(s) in the narrow grey area below to leave your comment. Otherwise, email me at lemonade_marielle@comcast.net
Winner to be announced on Saturday, March 24th. Be sure to register on every post this week.
Crocks, crocks, I love crocks!
ReplyDeleteAs for flowers, my husband is a landscape architect and flowers abound in our front & back yards. Mostly annuals, but we do have a smattering of perennials.
We usually have potted flowers (pots varying in size) trailing down the four steps to our front door. Our favorite (mostly because of the shade) is impatiens, but we also love begonias & mums in the fall.
Thanks for the opportunity! Have I mentioned that I love crocks? :)
I am interested in your tin hand-n-heart cookie cutter! It is so cute, and I know I can make American Sign Language "I-love-you" hands with it!
ReplyDeleteAs for flowers, I love my mom's jasmine bush near the front door. I come home at night and the sweet jasmine is refreshing. Unfortunately it is seasonal.
I am interested in your hand-n-heart cookie cutter. I am a participant in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk and would love to make some of these cookies for my bake sale fund raiser.
ReplyDeleteLOVE geraniums by the front door!
Michelle in WA state
I love love the heart in hands. My daughter is getting married soon and this would be such a lovely cutout for cookies or breads for her shower/s. Lovely piece.
ReplyDeleteI love roses by the front door. The climbing, thornless variety that smell like heaven. I also plant allysum to get that honey smell going. Can't wait for spring!
ReplyDeleteSorry, I should clarify I loved the heart in hand cookie cutter.
ReplyDeleteI love this cutter and I make tons of sugar cookies weekly, this would be a good addition to my collection
ReplyDeleteI love the Stoneware Crocks wide mouth and jar-mouth I would pay shipping cost
ReplyDeleteBy my front door it is shady, there are mostly hostas and then scattered in between are hydrangea, I like to get the little pellets in the spring to make them different colors: pink, blue and lavender. It adds a nice touch and breaks up the unending sea of greens that are the hosta. I love the heart in hand cookie cutter! I have never seen anything like it!
ReplyDeleteJust discovered the world of crocks when my fiancee's mom passed away a few years ago and I was given a few of hers....totally fell in love with them !!!
ReplyDeleteI love the heart in hand cutter! I have Daisies and Hostas next to my front door!
ReplyDeleteHeart in hand. I love PURPLE QUEEN and I am excited that even though it is an annual, due to the mild winter, it is coming back up this spring! Thanks~!
ReplyDeleteTulips and daffodils to start the spring out right! Then...daisies of course!
ReplyDeleteI love the heart in hand cutter. The first day of school for preschool-I always read the story "The Kissing Hand"----I have always looked for some type of "special snack" to make----making cookies with the "kissing hand" would be AWESOME!!!!
The idea of gifting to strangers is a great idea, thank you for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteLavender and lemon balm, it smells so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteIt would be so great to recieve the heart in hand cookie cutter. I am a nurse and that is so fitting for nurses. Nurses week is coming up in May and it would be great to be able to make cookies using this unique cookie cutter to pass out to my co-workers and patients.
Love this!
ReplyDeletePansies!!!
ReplyDeleteRoses trail up the front banisters....here in south Georgia they bloom almost year round! I just planted a European Fan Palm in a large pot right beside our front door and am working on new beds now. The cookie cutter is awesome...never seen one like it!
ReplyDeleteI plant strawberry minguette inboxes on the front porch, pretty and love the tiny berries. I'm also in love with that wide-mouth jar.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite flowers are yellow calla lilies. And in the front of my house there are Carolina Jasmines.
ReplyDeleteI'm interested in the sweet cookie cutter! Have you read The Kissing Hand? You should! The cookie cutter goes PERFECTLY with the book...or maybe don't read it...you might change your mind :)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, my favorite by the entry of our home is daffodils! The just brighten the place right up!!
I love the widemouthed crock! My favorite foundation flower is impatiens. They are perfect for my shady spot.
ReplyDeleteI live in Northbrook!