26 March 2012

Give-Away Blast: Week #4, Day 1




Item(s): stocking stretchers - child sized
Wt: small: tip-to-toe 13-1/2"  large: tip-to-toe 16"
Sz: small: 8"D x 4-1/2"H; large: 11"D x 11"H
Composition: wood
Etc: true antiques; utilitarian - used to stretch knit sox and retain their shape after washing.
Purchased at antique show or sale in late 1970s or early 80s.

Comment-to-register below by answering this question.

Q: What do you imagine you will do with these if you win?

Click on the word comment(s) in the narrow grey area below to leave your comment. Otherwise, email me at lemonade_marielle@comcast.net

Winner to be announced on Saturday March 31st. Be sure to register on every post this week.

10 comments:

  1. I think they would be cute to decorate for a childs room & hang on the wall. Boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! i have actually been looking for some of these to block my hand knit socks! Since last February i have made 16 pair for family. I only have two pair left to complete all my christmas IOU's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to give these as a gift to a friend who knits socks! she would LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhhhh! I am also a sock knitter! I love love love these! It is amazing what you have in your basement!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You win! Send your mailing info to me at lemonade_marielle@comcast.net.

      Delete
  5. I would hang them on the wall above my sewing desk with my other craft related hangings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandy..I would hang them in the laundry room. Where else do socks seem to retire?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would use them as decoration. I'm torn between the laundry room or my girls' bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute :) I would save them to hang on my shabby chic Christmas mantel! aiken74@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable and I would use them as decorative accents in the laundry room and as occasional templates for Christmas decor items.

    ReplyDelete

Your entry to win begins here...