2 items: wooden box and towel rack
Item #1: wooden box
Wt: 1lb 5oz
Sz: 9"W x 10-1/2"L x 4-1/2"D
Composition: pine, dove-tailed construction
Etc: antique - I've hung this on the wall as a display box, but it has many lovely uses, I'm sure
Item #2: towel rack
Wt: 4 ozs.
Sz: 17"W x 14"H
Composition: Metal frame with wooden bars
Etc: Very flexible. Guessing can be used in many creative ways.
Comment-to-register below by answering this question.
Q: You're all so creative. Where and how will you suggest these be used?
Click on the word comment(s) in the narrow grey area below to leave your comment. Otherwise, email me at lemonade_marielle@comcast.net
Winner to be announced on Saturday March 31st. Be sure to register on every post this week.
Two more views of the towel rack:
In my house, the box would get filled with toys and then placed in DS room for those times when he has to keep busy and quiet. the towel rack would likely be hung with my grandmother's needlework and hung in the kitchen!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE that box. I've been searching for boxes like this to sit books in or baby items. We are expecting our first little boy in July and it would be a great addtition to his room! :)
ReplyDeleteI would probably give the towel rack to my gramma and let her display some of her decorative towels on them. My gramma loves her rags!!!
I would use the box to display some of my older-looking books. the towel rack is a little tougher, but i might give it to my mom to display a couple of the table runners that she's made.
ReplyDeleteohh, love both of these items! I would likely use both in my crafty space - the towel rack to hold fabrics and the box to hold all sorts of my crafting items. =)
ReplyDeletekathy k
So exciting! I would use the box to display my crafty things I make. I love to use old and vintage items in my displays. The towel rack would become a ribbon spool holder! It would hang above my craft area displaying all my ribons and strings.
ReplyDeleteI just love that box! We just got a new little kitten and I've been seeing all these great ideas to make a repurposed cat bed from these types of boxes- hope I get a chance! Boxes and jars are what make me smile!
ReplyDeleteA box always has many uses - I can see it holding my grandson's toy at my house.
ReplyDeleteAs to the towel rack - I collect old linens/tableclothes and would love to hang this in the guest room to display them. The guest room as become my "old fashioned" room
I would use the box to store my husband and son's remote controlled helicopters that are just sitting in a cardboard box. I am thinking of using the towel rack to hang/store ribbon OR magazines OR cloth napkins.
ReplyDeleteAs posted before me, the towel rach is super versatile!! I thought of multiple uses, display crochet, fabric samples, embroidery work, beading strings, ribbons, etc.
ReplyDeleteThe box I would use to make a 3D photo box, with momentos and pictures.
Love both!
ReplyDeleteI am growing herbs. I could see the rack for drying my herbs and for displaying them. I also have a quilt collection and could use it for that also.
The box is fantastic. I could find many uses for it. I have old apricot boxes that I use as a book shelf in my office.
Oh how beautiful! I would use the wood box in my sewing area to hold colorful fabric. The drying rack would go in my sewing area too to display favorite tea towels or yards of fabric. Lovely pieces!
ReplyDeleteThat towel rack is AWESOME! I would use it to hang my belts on and the box would be great for my books beside my bed. I would love either to be mine!
ReplyDeleteI would use the box similar to how you used it - as a display box on the wall. Our fireplace mantel is getting crowded, and with a toddler in the house, putting knickknacks on tables is a risky proposition.
ReplyDeleteThe towel rack would be lovely to hang ribbons and other craft supplies on, or to put in the closet to hang scarves, belts, etc.
I am a photographer so I would use the box for photos ... would look cute with a baby sitting inside it!
ReplyDeleteI would love to use the hanger for a magazine rack in my bathroom. It would take up very little space, but be practical. Of course, who wouldn't use a pretty box to store things in?
ReplyDeleteI am just starting my photography business so these would both me helpful for storing & using in shoots
ReplyDeleteI love the towel rack, I remember one of them in either my aunt or my grandmother's kitchen. The box would be perfect for craft storage or even better yet a prim centerpiece. Thanks for the chance.
ReplyDeleteHolly
whimzeegal@aol.com
You win! Send me your mailing info at lemonade_marielle@comcast.net.
DeleteI'll be mailing boxes all next week--just back from AZ and a family funeral.
Congratulations!
Love both of these! The box I can see in my craft room where I would put all of my odds and ends ribbon pieces in it. The towel rack, definitely see fabric pieces draped over. Thanks! aiken74@comcast.net
ReplyDeleteI would spray paint the towel rack and use it to hold ribbons and ropes on it!. The wooden box would be just perfect to keep all my knick-kacks in. It would look so pretty on my desk
ReplyDelete