28 March 2012

Give-Away Blast: Week #4, Day 3



Item(s): (2) wooden spools
Wt: 11 ozs.
Sz: Tall: 7-1/4"H x 3-1/2"D; Small: 3-1/2"T x 3-1/2"D
Composition: wooden
Etc: These are just eye-catchingly cool. I've always displayed them on bookshelves or end tables. The other end of the tall one is weatherd black, not red.


Comment-to-register below by answering this question.

Q: Do you go antiquing with your girl-friends? (That was my main hobby back in the late 70s and 80s.)

Click on the word comment(s) in the narrow grey area below to leave your comment. Otherwise, email me at lemonade_marielle@comcast.net

Winner to be announced on Saturday March 31st. Be sure to register on every post this week.

19 comments:

  1. Yes, but through yard sales! Those spools are awesome - curtain pull backs in a kids room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to flea markets, yard sales, antique fairs, craft fairs, anywhere I can to find unique things. These spools are amazing. Thanks for the chance to win.

    Holly
    whimzeegal@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love antiques!!! I have 3 collections/obssesions.....1. antique trunks 2. Antique Cake Plates and 3. antique frames. I really dont know how my love of old things began becuase my mother and her mother could care less. But I would much rather buy something that has knicks and scuffs and a Long line of history than something new that will only last a few years because we all know things now a days are made so poorly:/ But one thing that my kids and I love to do is make up stories about my antiques. we will sit and talk about what all that peice has been through the people that might have owned it and where all it has lived. It breathes life into the peice and soon the Trunk or picture frame or whatever else it might be becomes a living being, with a story so marvelous it becomes truth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really go antiquing, but I sure do thrifting and yard sales!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I like to car travel and go antiquing in small towns. We also love yard sales, & 2nd hand shops. I agree with Kelly T, I like to know the story if there is one!! I love anything old & wood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My gal pal and I hit up the weekly Tuesday auction and get all kinds of amazing finds. That is our time to gab and laugh and think "What will that guy do will all that stuff he just bought?" Good times for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, these are great! I can see them as "bookends". Yes, we go to garage sales, thrift stores, and estate sales to search out antiques. It's so much fun to find a treasure! Beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely! I do more estate sale shopping with my girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the winner! Now, I'll need your mailing/UPS address to send the spools. Contact me at lemonade_marielle@comcast.net

      Congratulations!

      Delete
  9. My husband actually likes to go too so I am usually with him. We were just discussing today how funny it is that 2 of our kids love to look for antiques also! I used to hate it as a kid but LOVE it now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. no, I don't go antique shopping with my girlfriends but will on occasion go with my husband! I do love all the amazing stuff you are coming up with though! These would be great in my laundry/craft room. I would probably turn them into ribbon storage and hang them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, but when I was younger my mother and I would go to thrift stores and yard sales, and find alot of nice things.
    cindyskitchen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I usually shop by myself because I'm slow looking at things. :) I always like wood and glass things. Thanks for sharing!
    Sherrill S.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the time I get to spend with my sister as we go out to find our sweet treasures ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love antiquing with my mother-in-law, by myself, but mostly with my hubby! He actually enjoys it almost as much as I do, which I love! These spools are amazing! I collect old spools and bobbins, so these would make a wonderful addition to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't go antiqueing at all, but I do thrift shops and rummage sales a lot, so I end up finding antiques often.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I occasionaly go to the Kane County Flea Market searching for antiques, but like others I do most of my girlfriend shopping at thrift stores and garage sales :) Love these!
    aiken74@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have one special friend I love to shop for antiques and vintage pieces with. We know each other so well and shop easily as a team. Usually we make a day of it with lunch and time for comparing notes over dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Since I am 22, my friends don't think antiquing is cool. but I DO! I love finding treasures and bringing new life into them!

    ReplyDelete

Your entry to win begins here...