Wt: 6 ozs.
Sz: 5"H x 1-1/2"D
Composition: wooden, with a cool metal inset on the flat end
Etc: I love the industrial, urban, loft vibe and these just scream that to me. I've used them as napkin holders--fold the napkin in a rectangular shape and lay one of these across the width.
Comment-to-register below by answering this question:
Q: What's your decorating style? In an alternative universe, what decorating style would you choose?
Click on the word comment(s) in the narrow grey area below to leave your comment. Otherwise, email me at lemonade_marielle@comcast.net
Winner to be announced on Saturday March 31st. Be sure to register on every post this week.
Oh my goodness! I am drooling over these! I have a wonderful collection of old spools and bobbins and would love to add these to it! I would say my style is primitive country. I enjoy the warmth that things that older things such as these spools impart. When I see things like this, I want to know their story! I think if money were no object, I would still choose this style. I just love the warmth and comfort I feel from it!
ReplyDeleteOOOOOh, these are terrific!! We decorate with what we have, so I decorate with old/new-to-me style. I love mixing the old with the stuff I thrift that may be old or may be new. If I had my way, I'd have a rustic home filled with antiques!
ReplyDeletethese are dreamy! My style is classic, Scandinavian country with modern updates. I love the look of antique pitchers hung from the ceiling with metal rods, sleek black tables with mismatched wooden chairs, hanging blankets from vintage ladders, etc. These spools are divine!
ReplyDeletein an alternative universe (aka, not an apartment building) I'd go crazy with color.
We live in the forest/mountains . . . my style is eclectic with "cabin" colors and materials (wood and leather) mixed with family antiques (small items) and pieces gathered from various military deployments to foreign countries (i.e., rug from Afghanistan). The alternate universe would probably coincide with the location of the home - i.e., my things wouldn't seem to fit well in a coastal setting.
ReplyDeleteMore spools....too cool. Thank you...
ReplyDeleteHolly
whimzeegal@aol.com
Hmmm... decorating style, I think it was called something like contemporary country. I took the test awhile ago on BHG.com. Pretty fun! Even more fun to make my husband take it! I Love Love Love the spools! They would be so perfect in my craft room (just like the others this week)...
ReplyDeleteI love country style decor.
ReplyDeletecindyskitchen@yahoo.com
Ooooo..... Love these. Oh my house is so eclectic. I have rustic and retro all mixed together. In an alternate universe I would have an industrial loft! LOVE that look!
ReplyDeleteI am trying for a shabby chic/ funky junk feel, but often it's just practical and what I can afford! I'd love to just have the shabby chic in every way!
ReplyDeleteMy decorating style is probably borderline eclectic. I think it depends on the environment. My husband and I bought a 112 yr old farm house remodled into folk-victorian a few years ago. I just like to collect interesting peices along the way to try to fill the house and make it all work together...kind of like the idea of turning the farmhouse into something else.
ReplyDeleteIf I manage to get these spools they are going to be used as curtain tie-backs in the master bedroom. FUN TIMES!
I have a rustic, yet contemporary style of decorating. In another universe, I still would.
ReplyDeleteLove these spools!
My decorating style is definitley electic! Or should I say Goodwill/garage sale style. If that is style. In an alternate universe, I would love an urban loft in the city! aiken74@comcast.net
ReplyDeleteCozy, vintage, eclectic, English cottage just about sums up my style of decorating... all punctuated with early 20th century advertising pieces here and there.
ReplyDeleteI would say vintage and country style, my husband is more into elegant and glamorous though, so we're doing our best to combine the two :) In an alternate universe, I think it would be much more ethnic and fairytale inspired! :)
ReplyDeleteMy decorating style is country, a little more updated than it used to be but stil country.
ReplyDeleteI would say clean and simple. I like everything to have a place and everything in its place. These wooden spools are the coolest! I would love to own them!
ReplyDeletemy style is more clean simple with a few antiques in the mix love these spools
ReplyDeleteDay #4 spools were won by Emily H who commented via email. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete